Tuesday, October 31, 2006

To the office I go


Who knew you could get in trouble in college? Holy i sure didnt. If i would have known that i might have second guessed the whole ordeal! I was hopeing College would be a little different. This afternoon i got called into the "office" where one of my instructers sat me down and went on to tell me that i didnt have a very good attitude, and that i made people feel dumb, or something like that. She rambled on for alittle while, the whole time the only thing that was going threw my head was, this is like da ja vu from every year on my grade school. So when she was done, I asked her to give me an example of something i had done that made her feel this way, she said like when the girls were talking about celebrities and my friend says to me "can we please talk about something else for once". and i laughed and said no doubt! Cause litterally that is all we takl about in there. But thats thier opinion and this was ours. We are entitled to it are we not? So yeah she seperated Justine ( who is the other offender) and I. I dont feel like i have offended anyone and i am quiet and reserved at school I think. I asked the girls in my class if I every offend them or make them feel stupid,they all said no.
So now I wonder if its just another teacher who is "intiminated" by me or self concious around me? Im so sick of that, I think people freak out when they meet others who dont care about little trivial things, and relize that what they are blowing way out of proportion is just nonsence! And i do walk around there like i dont care about what people think of me or how i look, cause i dont. Its just hairdressing ladies, its not like we are studing to be brain sergions! (cuase if we were i would take it way more seriously) If they want to dress up and look nice good for them, and if i want to wear skate shoes and a skit then cool. But lets learn what we gotta learn and get good at it.. and move on.. sounds like a plan to me..
So i have just vented to you all, sorry about that. Ill leave you with a happy thought!
... and the photo for my better thought is not working so .. there will be no better thoughts this evening.

5 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Tanya said...

Oh the joys of hairdressing and working in the beauty industry...it never ends...trust me. Sad, but true. But good for you for not caring, thats all you can do, really. Just move on. Be yourself.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

Hey Jessica,

I didn't talk to Ron...the guy you told me to talk to. So maybe that had something to do with it. I talked to a lady...short reddish hair...but she seemed like she owned the place...but maybe not. So don't feel bad...I didn't follow all the advice you gave me...so its my own fault. Maybe I'll call there and ask for Ron...is he the owner?

I hate this, its a hard decision as to what and which type to buy...oh well. Tis life in the north eh?

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Carin said...

wow - sounds like an adventure! I am the same way at school... I don't get all huffy about assignments whereas a lot of others do - and then they get all ticked off thinking that I shouldn't be a nurse cuz I don't take it seriously enough...let me tell you, people and papers are two very different things! (and I always did better on the assignments too! :P)
So I guess what I am trying to say - is good for you for being you! its hard to be an individual sometimes in this cookie cutter world... but you are wonderful! I celebrate you! :)

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

lol Jess...you know I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing WITH you. Seriously, that's all you can do when stuff like that happens at beauty school. They thrive off drama..so let them! Just keep having fun =D

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Riteesha Mathew said...

Jessica, u got it down, be yourself, and dont let ppl mold you into something you are not. As long as you are not offending ppl(which u confirmed), well then the teacher is just being a wanker and can pull the stick outta her... butt.
ps- love ya lots!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home